domingo, 21 de junio de 2015

If you were not limited by the demands of the national/regional curriculum, what would you say is the most important thing you would teach your students about your subject? How you assess their learning?

I am a Technology teacher in Secondary and from my subject I would teach not only technology but how to use this knowledge in order to solve daily problems or situations. In my opinion learn technology is more to memorize theory, students have to design and construct a solution for problems.

I think that the use of CLL is so necessary in the school, because this way students will be able to acquire the concepts of both subjects and the acquisition of another language at the point of develop the our basic skills of learning. This it would be my first change in the high school.

On the other hand I would also like that the teaching of the all subjects was more real, that is to say, an education where the students could develop their learning daily and manipulative real situations as technology teachers do. I would like an education where students can learn things that they are really going to use in their near future.

In a CLIL context forms of assessment must conform to the criteria and content we are explaining in class. In this context we intend real and effective language learning and that this can be applied in different contexts so I think that we lead different contexts for students to learns and further evaluated in terms of the different contexts.

It is important to note that teachers must not only focus on how to assess because future situations that our students will not only live but will be varied. From my point of view, I would do small tests to assess different styles, such wording would that do to assess their level of written knowledge for a report’s project, could also ask them to make a group presentation of the project to  the rest of the class, for instance. I think that the most important thing is to prepare students for a future situation and the best way is to confront these situations.


To sum up, in my opinion the most important in a CLIL context is that teachers regardless of the subject they impart are aware that we are language teachers and should facilitate and encourage the learning of a language.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario